TEDGlobal is heading to Latin America. This October, at the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, join us to celebrate the outpouring of innovation, dynamism and creativity taking place all over South America and the global South. Fresh thinking can be found in every direction, in emerging geographies as well as in the western hemisphere. Prepare to have your world turned upside down.
Please join us for a very casual yet enriching TEDxAustinLive event as we stream a full day of content from TEDGlobal. View the sessions we’ll be sharing here: TEDGlobal2014 Session 4.
Austin Viewing Party
- Where: Departure Lounge (311 West 5th Street Suite 102, 5th Street & Guadalupe).
- Parking: The former post office at 5th & Guadalupe has day/evening parking (Pay station). You can also park along the street for 3 hour periods.
- When: Friday, October 10th, 1pm until around 8pm
- Who: All are invited; first come/first served up to 75 folks, rotating throughout the day.
- What to expect: A casual, communal viewing experience in the beautiful and oh so global coffee/wine/travel Departure Lounge; comfortable leather couches + up to six flat screens. We’ll time to pause between each pod of talks and dive into a good discussion.
- What to nosh: Coffee, tea, wine and truffles from all over the world will be available for purchase (just wait till you see the teapots!). Light snacks and boxed lunches will also be.
- Partnership possibilities: We are keeping this one simple, but if you’d like to be a part of the fun, please let us know.
Drop by when you can; stay as long or short as you’d like. No RSVP or tickets required; so feel free to call if you’d like to be sure there is room before heading over (512-322-9399). Questions? Just reach out to email@example.com.
We so hope you can make some room in this long busy weekend to come enjoy some of the most provocative voices, ideas and performers from around the world.
Nancy Giordano + the TEDxAustin team
TEDxLive is an extension of the TEDx program, launched by TED in 2010. TEDxLive events are TEDx events built around the live webcast of TED Conferences. TEDxLive events enable TED enthusiasts all over the world to experience live sessions of the TED Conference. Some are simple viewing events, and some host live speakers.