TEDMEDLive2014 to Unlock Imaginations in Austin
September 10-12, 2014 at various locations in Austin
Best known for their annual three-day gathering, TEDMED invites the world’s most creative minds to discuss health care’s most pressing problems and innovative scientific concepts. Presented in a provocative stage program of brilliant short talks and artistic performances, TEDMED’s content inspires critical new possibilities for the future of health and medicine.
TEDxAustin is bringing a live simulcast of these presentations to you throughout Austin, in partnership with the Texas Medical Association (TMA), The University of Texas at Austin, Seton Healthcare Family, and LIVESTRONG. Simulcast hosts have designed live interactions focused on TEDMED’s stage content to spark conversation and dialog about health and medical care in our region. Made possible through the financial support of local partners, all programs are free and the public is invited to participate live and online.
The TEDMEDLive2014 experiences in Austin include:
- A discussion on Risky Behaviors and how Travis County compares to Texas and the nation for binge drinking, alcohol-related traffic fatalities, HIV and sexually-transmitted infection rates.
- A look at innovations that help Austinites become and stay healthier where they live, work, and worship.
- A deep look at “frequent flyers” – patients who return repeatedly – and the factors driving emergency department use at one Austin hospital.
- Insight into healthcare’s adoption of technology solutions from other industries to make our community better, smarter & healthier.
- Designing with intention to sustain a healthy community.
- Wrangling volumes of data…how we understand and use data safely.
Click for more details and to RSVP to join TEDxAustin and the TED community at the TEDMEDLive 2014 viewing events in Austin.
Click here to learn how to Make the most of your TEDMEDLive experience.